Springfield Assisted Living
Assisted living facilities have never been better than they are now. With excellent accommodations, planned activities, and a social atmosphere, your loved one may experience a new lease on life after a move to assisted living in Springfield MA. Have you been considering assisted living for someone you care about?
The Wellington at Springfield
942 Grayson Drive, Springfield, MA 01119
The Wellington at Springfield offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. There is 24 hour support. This location has a concierge to help seniors plan outings in Springfield and beyond.
Landmark at Monastery Heights
110 Monastery Avenue, West Springfield, MA 01089
Built in 1923 as a Monastery and renovated in 1999 to become a Senior Living Community, Landmark at Monastery Heights is a beautiful site to see. This facility welcomes all seniors to enjoy their features, such as the television room, library, and original chapel.
Features of Assisted Living Facilities
Assisted living facilities come with different features. There are places for various health concerns, some made for completely independent living, and others more accommodating to budgetary restraints. Talk to the person you love and see which of the following features he or she cares about the most:
- Meals provided daily (2 to 3 meals)
- Nail salon, hair salon, and barber shops
- Assistance with daily activities as needed
- Scheduled daily social activities
- Medication reminders for residents
- Planned activities outside of the assisted living facility
- Quality caregiving with some skilled nurses on staff
- Facility security, typically 24/7 for all residents
- Outdoor gardens and walking paths
- Emergency assistance plans and check-ins with residents
The primary feature to expect from an assisted living facility is a clean, welcoming place for a senior citizen to live safely.
Assisted Living Costs in Springfield MA
The cost of an assisted living facility is $4,075 per month. This is more affordable than the median for the state which is $5,463. There are ways to subsidize the cost of this form of living, many residents use their social security checks and can reach a rate based on a large lump sum payment.
Is It Time for Your Senior to Enter Assisted Living?
Entering assisted living in Springfield MA is a large decision for every senior citizen. We highly encourage you to involve your loved one in the decision to move. Have an open discussion which covers:
- What is possible to afford?
- When will the move take place?
- Is your loved one lonely at home?
- Do you worry about falls or accidents in the house?
- Are you unable to spend quality time together because of other duties?
- Is cooking meals a concern?
- Is it getting difficult to travel and/or drive places?
- Has quality of life decreased in the past few years?
Aging is a natural part of life. Luckily, assisted living facilities exist for senior citizens to enjoy. An honest, open discussion makes all of the difference in making the big decision.
Senior Activities in Springfield MA
Senior activities are nearly limitless in Springfield MA. Many places schedule day trips to various locations including the popular sites of the town including the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the Springfield Armory, Forest Park, the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden, and other museums in the area.
Take the First Step
Think of looking for an assisted living facility as searching for an apartment. Narrow down the ideas to figure out what is affordable, what type of place is the preference, and even the area of town that suits your family. After narrowing down the options, schedule tours and see what best suits you!
Looking for nursing homes in nearby cities? Check out other assisted living facilities in Massachusetts.